Here at LeaderShape, we want to live in possibility and then by doing so, lead others to do the same. To lead, live. Our monthly Twitter chats are rooted in this belief. In September 2016, we hosted #LeaderShapeChat – our first Twitter chat! Through #LeaderShapeChat, we invite you to interact with other LeaderShapers and reflect deeper on what “to lead, live” means.
What is a Twitter Chat?
A Twitter chat is a one-hour conversation focused on a particular subject or theme. A question is tweeted every 10 minutes from the LeaderShape Twitter account and there are usually 5 questions in total. Joining the conversation is easy! All you have to do is respond to questions and other participant’s responses using the specific chat hashtag #LeaderShapeChat in your tweets.
A Sneak Peek: What To Expect
We host #LeaderShapeChat once a month and each month has a different theme. Some of the past themes include:
- “To lead, live courageously.”
- “To lead, live authentically.”
- “To lead, give.”
- “To lead, live in possibility.”
Whether you have participated in our Catalyst program, served as a cluster facilitator at the Institute, or just want to know more about LeaderShape, everyone is welcome to join #LeaderShapeChat! It’s a unique opportunity to engage with individuals who lead with integrity and have a healthy disregard for the impossible.
Helpful Tips for #LeaderShapeChat
- Make sure you’re following @LeaderShape on Twitter.
- Add an upcoming #LeaderShapeChat to your calendar as soon as it’s announced.
- Questions come from the @LeaderShape Twitter account in the format Q1, Q2, etc. Use A1, A2, etc for your answers.
- Don’t forget to include the hashtag #LeaderShapeChat in your tweets!
- Join in when you can and it’s okay if you don’t contribute an answer to every question.
- Engage with other LeaderShapers by replying, liking or retweeting their answers.
- Consider using Tweetdeck, Hootsuite or Tweetchat to keep an eye on the conversation.
Missed a #LeaderShapeChat?
After each #LeaderShapeChat, we post a Storify that recaps the questions and responses. What’s a Storify? Head over to our Storify page to see an example of a summary of December’s #LeaderShapeChat.
Be sure to follow LeaderShape on Storify so that even if you miss a #LeaderShapeChat, you never miss a story!
We hope you found this guide helpful. We can’t wait to see you at our next #LeaderShapeChat!